Port Stephens Events
Friday 2nd: School Holidays commence.
Friday 2nd: Good Friday PUBLIC HOLIDAY.
Saturday 3rd: Easter Saturday PUBLIC HOLIDAY.
Sunday 4th: Daylight Saving ends Sunday 4th April at 3:00 am.
Put your clocks & watches back one hour. Remember, Spring forward, Fall back!
Sunday 4th: Easter Sunday PUBLIC HOLIDAY.
Monday 5th: Easter Monday PUBLIC HOLIDAY.
Monday 19th: NSW School Resumes - Term 2
Sunday 25th: ANZAC Day.Beware that Covid restrictions may apply.
ANZAC Day. Apex Park, Nelson Bay.
Dawn Service: Cancelled Due to Covid restrictions.
Main service: March Cancelled Due to Covid restrictions.
10.50am: Main Commemoration Service begins at Apex Park.
Contact details: Nelson Bay RSL Sub-branch c/- Nelson Bay Diggers Club ph: 4984 1344
You can download the full list of local Port Stephens ANZAC Day commemorations here
Thursday 29th: Bay FM - 23rd Birthday. Port Stephens' oldest permanently licenced radio station, Bay FM, turns 23.
Sunday 9th: Mother's Day
Tuesday 1st: Whale Watching Season Launch: Official Launch of the Whale Watching Season at 9am on the Nelson Bay Waterfront, followed by boarding of vessels for the first whale watching cruise of the day. To book for a Whale Watch Cruise you can contact either Moonshadow-TQC Cruises or Imagine Cruises.
Contact details: Destination Port Stephens
Sunday 6th (To Be Confirmed): Port Stephens Dolphin Census: Nature lovers are invited from 11am - 12 midday, to count how many of Port Stephens’ famous dolphins live in the bay’s blue waters.
Contact details: Marine Parks Association
Monday 7th: World Oceans Day: People all over our blue planet are celebrating under the theme of Healthy Oceans, Healthy Planet.
Contact details: World Oceans Day
Monday 7th: Queen's Birthday PUBLIC HOLIDAY
Saturday 26th: NSW School Holidays commence.
Sunday 11th July (To Be Confirmed): The Human Whale Fingal Beach, Marine Drive, Fingal Bay
To celebrate the whale watch season in Port Stephens, holiday visitors and locals alike are invited to help form the shape of a giant human whale on Fingal Beach.
Contact details: Destination Port Stephens
Monday 12th July: NSW School Term 3 commences.
Sunday 1st to Tuesday 31st: Love Seafood Festival
This month-long celebration will feature celebrity chefs and TV cooks, seafood cruises, a foodie’s weekend at d’Albora Marinas, a family festival at the marina, cooking classes and demonstrations for adults and kids, markets, rides, live entertainment and discounted seafood lunches at more than 15 eateries across Port Stephens.
Contact details: Destination Port Stephens Website ph: 1800 808 900
Monday 16th to Sunday 22nd (To Be Confirmed): Port Stephens Golf Classic (aka Spring Cup)
Played at various golf courses around Port Stephens. The Port Stephens Golf Classic is a mixed event for visitors ONLY and offers golfers a unique experience with the tournament being played on three premier golf courses, Nelson Bay, Horizons and Pacific Dunes.
Contact Details: Website ph: 4981 1132
Sunday 5th September: Father's Day
Saturday 18th: Clans on the Coast 9am-4.30pm at Tomaree No 1 Sportsground, Nelson Bay.
Pipe Bands, Scottish & Celtic Dancing, Singing groups, Stalls, Ancient battle re-enactments, Food & Beverages, and more...
Contact Details: Website ph: 0418 495 336
Saturday 18th: NSW School Holidays commence.
Sunday 3rd: Daylight Saving begins Sunday 4th October at 2:00 am.
Put your clocks & watches forward one hour. Remember, Spring forward, Fall back!
Monday 4th: Labour Day NSW PUBLIC HOLIDAY
Tuesday 5th: NSW School Term 4
Saturday 16th (To Be Confirmed): Karuah Oyster & Timber Festival at Longworth Park, Karuah.
Something for everyone, woodchopping events, market stalls, local oysters & entertainment.
Contact details: Event Website ph: Dawn Lyall 4997 3088
Saturday 2rd (To Be Confirmed): Myall River Festival on the Tea Gardens Waterfront. 10am to 8.30pm.
The Festival is a family-friendly day, with a large variety of market stalls,stage entertainment, river activities, games and competitions for the kids, all taking place on the magical waterfront of Tea Gardens, beside the Myall River.
Contact Details: Facebook page Contact: Margie Tierney ph: 0435 492 982
Thursday 11th: Remembrance Day
• Nelson Bay: at the War Memorial in Apex Park. Service commences at 10.50am with Bugler provided by Australian Army, Newcastle and Catafalque and Flag Party supplied by RAAF, Williamtown. Luncheon and Drinks at Nelson Bay Diggers Club for RSL sub-Branch members.
• Tanilba Bay: at the Tilligerry RSL Sports Club. Form up at 10.45am for 11am service.
• Medowie: at Medowie Memorial Park, cnr Medowie and Ferodale Rds, Medowie. Assemble by 10.45am for 11am service.
• Karuah: in Memorial Park on the corner Memorial Drive and Tarean Road. 10.30am for a 10.45am start .Back to Karuah RSL Club after the service.
• Stockton: at the Rawson Park Memorial on the corner Mitchell and Hereford Streets. 10.45am start
• Raymond Terrace: at the Anzac Park Memorial. 10.30am start. Back to Raymond Terrace Bowling Club after the service, which is expected to finish 11.15am.
Friday 3rd (To Be Confirmed): Medowie Christmas Carnival
From 4pm at Ferodale Oval, Medowie
Presented by the Rotary Club of Williamtown. The carnival will feature a range of children’s rides and amusements, artisan market stalls, gourmet food vendors, live music, giveaways, entertainment and activities involving schools, sport, dance, community groups and businesses. Carols headliner is The Voice finalist and Port Stephens resident Anyerin Drury. Free entry.
Contact details: 4982 9388
Saturday 4th (To Be Confirmed): Carols on the Green
From 5.3opm on the grounds of the Tilligerry RSL Sports Club, Tanilba Bay.
Musical performances by Gina Jeffreys, Lyn Bowtell, Karen O’Shea and Kate Ballantyne, Tanilba Bay Public School children, a Tilligerry dance troop, Daniel Thompson, Tommy Contor, Max Jackson and TJ Hamilton, visit by Santa, 9pm fireworks. Entry is $2. BYO food but no drinks.
Contact details: Website ph: 4982 3889
Sunday 19th (To Be Confirmed): Carols By The Bay
From 5.30pm at Fly Point, Nelson Bay.
Carols At The Bay will be held from 5.30pm at Fly Point, Nelson Bay on Sunday 15th December, with market and food stalls and community performances from 5:30pm. Main act will be from 7:30pm, Santa around 8:30pm and Fireworks at 9pm.
Saturday 25th: Christmas Day
Sunday 26th: Boxing Day
Monday 27th: Boxing Day Public Holiday
Friday 31st: New Year's Eve
• At Nelson Bay. Fireworks at 9pm (only) at d'Albora Marinas. Live bands, entertainment.
• At Tea Gardens. Fireworks at 9.30pm at Tea Gardens Country Club. Family friendly with giant slide, jumping castle.
• At Tanilba Bay. Fireworks at 9pm at Tilligerry RSL Sports Club.
Saturday 1st: New Year's Day
Tuesday 26th: Australia Day
• Nelson Bay: Celebrations begin at 9am with Parade to Fly Point where celebrations continue until 4pm.
You can Download the full day's program here
• Lemon Tree Passage: Celebrations begin at 8am with the Lions Club breakfast, followed by Welcome to Country at 8.30am, then music and entertainment until 12 noon.
• Hawks Nest: At the park near the Singing Bridge, commencing at 8am with the Lioness Club breakfast, followed at 9am with the Flag Raising and National Anthem, and at the Fly-past by Hawk Squadron RAAF Williamtown at 11am. Music and entertainment throughout the morning.
Friday 28th January: NSW School Resumes - Term 1
Friday 18th, Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th (To Be Confirmed): Port Stephens Game Fishing Club "Port Stephens Classic" Weighing Station, Public Wharf, Nelson Bay.
Contact Details: Website ph: 4981 0021
Sunday 6th: Clean Up Australia Day. Various sites.
Be part of Clean Up Australia Day. It's easy to get involved, simply go online and nominate your site, or volunteer at an existing one.
Contact details: Website ph: 1800 282 329
Dates to be confirmed: Trailerboat Sportsfishing Tournament. Nelson Bay harbour.
Held each year with up to 1500 competitors and 500 boats competing for around $100,000 in species and lucky draw prizes.
Contact Details: Website ph: 0416 282 022 or 9029 6554